Thursday, January 12, 2012

Connecting the distant dots

Well, we started out so strong. We ran together from Medan to Sibolga, guns blazing, shooting first and taking names later. Somewhere on that beach I fell in love and I didn't even realize it.

I unfortunately came to you in Surabaya with a blindfold over that precious love. No matter how big your heart was at that time, as long as I was closed and scared, we were never going to see how amazing we could be together.

I ran, we fell, you really got hurt.

Days, weeks, months. Changes, and lots of them.

I promised him that if I had only a single chance again, I was going to take it, and let you know that I was so wrong about us and you. In actuality, I begged for that chance, and oddly it came. Like a gentle lightning bolt you came back into my life. You were a shining star (masih ingat bintang?) when I held you again all those months later. Thank you for reminding me that there was love on that beach over a year ago. And, thank you for finding it within you to forgive this imperfect man.

So here we go again, but not on our own, together.

Lakes, man made islands, volcanoes, and colonial histories all tell me that a love like ours does not come around very often. Yeah, we have already had some new challenges, but just like those lost few months, we picked up right were we left off. Just remember that two hearts are enough for this story.

If you stay and give me 100% of that beautiful heart of yours, I promise I won't run again. Don't worry sayang, you apparently had all of my heart over a year ago.        


0 comments:

Post a Comment