Friday, January 13, 2012

November 2011: Danau Toba Part Deux

We did indeed head back to Danau Toba, back to Romlan, back to our place. This time, there were no worries, just excitement. I could not wait to see her again, to spend time near her.

While the week was not filled with amazing stories, there are some memorable moments that I will never forget:

-How unbelievably cute she looked when she arrived at Romlan. She had called me on the telephone and asked if I would meet in the front, because the dogs that live there were a bit scary.  There she stood with her bags, waiting for me come and get her.

-Walking out of the hotel, and almost getting attacked by a juvenile cobra. I can't remember it so clearly, but I keep thinking that she may have tried to push me into the snake and run. Just joking cutie, I know you did not really try to kill me...    

-Noni asking me why I never 'broke wind' in front of her. She asked if I would ever feel comfortable doing that. I couldn't answer the question at the time she asked, but a few minutes passed, and I did indeed 'break wind'. It was silent, so she was unable to hear; however, I explained to her what had just transpired. We both started laughing incredibly hard. I am addicted to Noni's laugh.

-An earthquake shook the area one of the nights. We both got up and went outside, only to find a calming and peaceful lake and surrounding area. When we headed back into the room, I held her until I couldn't remember holding her any longer, and sleep took me into it's embrace. The comfort of having her near is something that I long for daily. 

-Doing all the things that serious couples do. Talking about things that serious couples talk about.


 

There were also some things that I did find out for the first time. It wasn't pleasant to have that knowledge, but it was fault, I had broken up with her. This would unfortunately come back to bite me again in December of 2011, but that is a story for another time, if ever.  Just as we would do in December, we worked through things. I suppose while unpleasant, it is another memorable thing that happened. We had a rough patch, and together, we talked it out. We opened up, and then we put it behind us. Always remember sayang, we don't succeed because we are perfect, we succeed because we admit we aren't perfect and then try to do things differently from that point in time.

This Toba trip, just like the last, brought us closer together. It continued the mending process that began in September, and showed us that we can be perfect together. Sure, it had ups and downs, but just like an Aerosmith concert, we for the most part rocked the house.  

I am left forever believing that Lake Toba is a magical place. That past wounds can be healed there. That new beginnings can be started there. That you can find your balance. It's either Lake Toba, or her, and I suppose that I am inclined to believe that it is a combination of both. So if I have a single wish, it's that you work your magic, and together forever we will be. 

Concluding observation: I think that I am starting to sound a hell of a lot like the narrator from "How I Met Your Mother." Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, it's only and observation.    




0 comments:

Post a Comment