Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'll Be Home Soon

I saw her again last night. She appeared to me in the same way as many nights before. Even though it seemed like she was kilometers away from me, I didn’t even need to squint, I could see her as clear as if she was right in front of me. Her dark hair hung in the moonlight like the branches of a weeping willow tree, and her eyes radiated its calming rays like two brilliant stars from a constellation. She wore a beautiful smile that light up everything around her, and because of that smile, I couldn’t help but smile myself. She whispered soothing words, and they gently brushed my cheeks before reaching my ears. She said, “come home,” and then slowly motioned me toward her with her hand. I yelled that I am on my way, but because of the distance, I am not sure if she heard me. I beg you night wind, pass these words on to her. Tell her to wait. Tell her that I now realize that my home is wherever she is. Tell her that I am currently running to her. Tell her that I will be home soon.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment