Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shades of Grey

Noni, loves photography, and is also an amazing photographer! I on the other hand, love photography; however, am not quite as capable as she is at it. More specifically, I have an irritating tendency to see great photo opportunities, but for the most part I am unable to make the camera see what I see.  Hopefully, I will improve over time, and take a single photograph that I can be proud of.

While Noni knows that like photography, especially black and white photography, she doesn't know that I studied some photography for the art history minor that I received from Indiana University. It was there that I truly started to appreciate the shocking simplicity of black and white photography, and it's dramatic ability to to tell it like it is. Additionally, she does not know that I like to collect black and white photographs, especially those that touch me, and I suppose to put it mildly, make it all make sense.

As such, I would like to share with you some of the photos that I have admired over the years. I have tried to put these together in such a way that they tell a story about life, with a bit about my life tossed in. I didn't put these photos in any order, as it's always a different part of the story for someone else. I only ask that you try to make our own connections. Importantly, keep in mind that it's a black and white existence, we need to accept that, and try to live somewhere in between.


























































0 comments:

Post a Comment