Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Alpha and Omega

Sunlight slips through the cool yet humid air. Its rays gently penetrate the shades, and lighten up my foreign world. The fan that has been working 24/7 is shaking at its base, helping me maintain a bit of sanity. Eyes sleepily open to a world of pink and purple, atop 2 mattresses that have been folded lengthwise to provide a remedial feel of comfort. There you are, my first care of the day. Not the weather, my comfort, my hunger, or my plans for the rest of the day. These early morning thoughts always make me smile. Yet I wonder, does she think of me the same way? Am I her first thought of the day?

The day slowly passes…sometimes eventfully, but most frequently without incident.

Night finally comes to tired eyes, after a day of work and happily talking all our problems away. Again atop 2 thin folded rags, I find myself trying to sleep. The shutters are tightly closed helping to keep the mosquitoes away, but unfortunately also forbidding admission to the cool night air. The old fan is again rattling in its place, singing me a lullaby. There you are again, my last thought of the day. I smile and slowly drift away. And I now wonder, do you think of me the same way? Am I your last thought of the day?

You are the first and the last thought that I have, and I’d say that you make up a large portion of all those thoughts in between. I know where my heart lies, it’s always with you. I just hope that when you first wake, and then again when you ready yourself for sleep that I make you as happy and content as you make me. Please smile and think of me the same way, promise me that I’m your first and last thoughts of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment